Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Update on My SPRING READING THING 2009


A challenge has been raised at Callapillar days: The Spring Reading Thing 2009. I decided to take on this challenge, and with one month left, I'm giving an update on my progress. The Spring Reading Thing was slated for March-June 2009, and I know that there are at least 243 people signed up. If each of us just reads a small portion of what we have determined, it means a whole lot of reading is going on!

My progress in reading has been much better than my progress with the reviews on my blog, an inequity I hope to resolve this month. With a few additions from my original list, there are 20 books I planned to read and review this Spring. As of this morning, I have finished reading 16 of those and reviewed 7. In my own defense, I have had a lot of illness to contend with that messed with my computer and writing time. Four more reviews should be posted within the next week.

So here is my progress so far. By the way, I feel that I can recommend all of the books I've read so far, although not all of them will appeal to all audiences.


Have Read:
A Lever Long Enough
by Amy Deardon {completed & reviewed}
Not Far From The Tree by
Ruth Smith Meyer {completed}
Shadows On the River by Linda Hall {completed}
Save My Children by Emily Wierenga {completed & reviewed}
Mensa, Magic and Mayhem by Karina Fabian {completed & reviewed}
Forever Richard by Sue Dent {completed}

Eternity's Edge by Bryan Davis {completed}
Nightmare's Edge by Bryan Davis {completed}

Talking to the Dead by Bonnie Grove {completed}

The Ark, The Reed and the Firecloud by Jenny Cote {completed & reviewed}
Angel of Wrath by Bill Myers {completed}
The Light Across the River by Stephanie Reed {completed}
Mohammed's Moon by Keith Clemons {completed & reviewed}
By Darkness Hid by Jill Williamson {completed}
The Blood of Lambs by Kamal Saleem {completed & reviewed}
The Calling by Joseph Israel {completed}
City of the Dead by T. L. Higley {completed & reviewed}

Still Planning to Read:

Brigid of Ireland by Cindy Thomson
Hannah Grace by Shalene McLaren
Beyond the Fifth Gate by Donna Sunblad
Blaggard's Moon by George Bryan Polivka


Check in at Callapillar Days to see the list of bloggers who are taking the challenge, then read some of their reviews. Should be a lot of good ideas in there for you and all the people you give gifts to!

No comments: