Wednesday, May 7, 2008

VIDEOS: ASULON and Pekiti-Tirsia

These are short videos, both of which I think are helpful for understanding Asulon: The Sword of Fire Book One by William McGrath. I will get into the spiritual and the characters later this week, but I was so intrigued by this Pekiti-Tirsia Pilipino marital arts connection that I wanted to include this video of a demo that Bill did with a grand master of the sport. First the book trailer:





The demo video is a bit grainy, but you'll get the idea. I read the novel before I saw this, and I was amazed because Bill had described the fight sccenes so well that I could easily imagine it exactly like he demonstrates here:





For an even further example of what to expect, Bill has audio and text samples from the book on his website. Three chapters, plus the first chapter of the second book, Eretzel. You can find these here.

I urge you to check out the sample if you are the least bit interested.

Other blogs on Bill McGrath's novel:
CFRB
Back to the Mountains
Bibliophile's Retreat
Virtual Tour de Net
Rebecca Wire

Bill's websites:
http://www.theswordoffire.com and
http://www.pekiti.com/

You can buy Asulon from Barnes and Noble,
Target,
Amazon,
Amazon.uk, or directly from the publisher (see address at the sword of fire website) If you buy it from the publisher, you may also get a package that includes a DVD about Pekiti-Tirsia.


No comments: