Thursday, January 3, 2008

Why Not? My Top Ten Favorite Novels 2007

Well, everbody's doing it, so why not me? This year I have read a lot more than I have for many, many years, and my eyes have been opened to a wealth of Christian fiction. Some of them I have written reviews for, others are still to be reviewed. So without further ado, these were the ten novels that are at the top of my list for 2007. One or two may actually be from 2006, but I just read them recently, and it's my list, my rules!



1. Flashpoint: Book One of the Underground by Frank Creed. Publisher: The Writers' Café Press, Lafayette IN. Biblical spec-fic (Cyberpunk sci-fi)

2. The Reliance by M. L. Tyndall. Publisher: Barbour Publishing, Uhrichsville OH. Romance, historical adventure fiction. Second in the series

3. The Restitution by M. L. Tyndall. Third in the series.

4. Never Ceese by Sue Dent. Publisher: Journey Stone Creations. It's classified as Young Adult, but it's kind of a sci-fi/fantasy that appeals to older readers as well.

5. Nor Iron Bars a Cage by Caprice Hokstad. Publisher: Vici Publishing. Fantasy, for adults and advanced teens.

6. Time Masters Book One: The Call by Geralyn Beauchamp. Publisher: Cold Tree Press, Nashville TN. Christian Speculative Fiction/Time Travel Romance/SciFi/Fantasy

7. Children of Hurin by J. R. R. Tolkien. The writing is all his, but it is a new novel, collected from more of his notes. Fantasy.

8. DragonKnight by Donita K. Paul. Publisher: Waterbrook Press, CO. Young adult/Fantasy
This is the third book in the series.

9. DragonFire by Donita K. Paul. This is the fourth book in the series.

10. Return of the Guardian King by Karen Hancock. Publisher Bethany House. Fantasy. Fourth in a series.


There are several other books that I read and really enjoyed, but these are my top ten. I'm sure everyone else has their own favorites. If you haven't yet read any of these, I recommend them.

1 comment:

Caprice Hokstad said...

Wow, Nor Iron Bars a Cage rated number 5??? I am so honored to be in this list at all. Just wow, Cathi. Thank you.